Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job Duties: Riversand Technologies, Inc. in Houston, TX is seeking Senior Systems Engineers to build servers using AWS and Azure. This position will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of subject matter principles and concepts to perform the following duties:
- Build servers using AWS including importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection.
- Oversee AWS Auto Scaling to provide high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Create Docker images and handle multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations using several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Docker Compose and Docker Registry.
Create IAM roles and using AWS Lambda for the server less architecture and various other services using various Amazon services like EC2, S3, ELB, Route53, NAT Gateways, EBS, Cloud Watch.
- Oversee the deployment and scaling of web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS using AWS Beanstalk.
- Build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process Extensively using Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation.
- Oversee containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods using Kubernetes.
- Integrate Jenkins CI/CD with GIT version control and implement continuous build based on check-in for applications and create GitHub Webhooks to setup triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request events to drive all builds to Docker registry and then deploy to Kubernetes, create pods using Kubernetes.
- Oversee microservices for development and testing using Docker and Open Shift.
- Deploy code through web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS and Jetty.
Overseeing environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Guide development team in setting up the automation environment for the successful execution of build and release of the application.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or any related Engineering or IT field of study, plus at least six (6) months of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency, knowledge, skill and experience with the following:
6. Cloud Computer Technologies: EC2, IAM, S3, EBS
8. Apache Tomcat
No Travel. No telecommuting.
- Job Site: 2929 Briarpark Drive, Ste. 200, Houston, TX 77042
- Travel Details (if applicable): No Travel. No telecommuting.
- Mail Resumes To: Riversand Technologies, Inc., ATTN HR, 2929 Briarpark Drive, Ste. 200, Houston, TX 77042.
- No calls or emails. EOE.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship