Principal Software Engineer - Web Applications
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will become an integral part of our creative and agile product development team. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop enterprise-level web applications.
Since you will be serving organizations who work with massive amounts of data, the products you will develop must scale fast to meet the growth requirements of our clients. Furthermore, you will be working in a diverse cultural environment and collaborating with creative minds from all over the world.
To be successful in this role you have to be a proactive individual, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and a track record of taking complex concepts and implementing practical solutions. We are looking for quick learners who can work efficient individual contributor and also collaborate with a team.
- Support and create a Standard Framework for development projects, Common Libraries to re-use components.
- Work with our UX team and designers to give a better user experience.
- Assist back-end developers to implement their server-side code.
- Influence development managers to ensure appropriate levels of quality on owned modules.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Participate in critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Serve as a technical expert in one or more areas and provide technical guidance and reviews to junior team members.
If what you read so far excites you about joining us, then we would like you to be already equipped with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 7+ years of experience in web development framework, HTML5/CSS3, Sass/Less, flex layouts
- Experience in web-based design concepts (view controllers, view routings, data caching, rendering patterns, lazy loading, components, etc.)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page update.
- Formal testing and software quality assurance experience including complete testing cycle (unit, application, integration, user acceptance).
These are the list of the web technologies we use today:
- AngularJS, Polymer, Ember.js, React, AJAX, NGINX, NodeJS, GO lang
- CSS LESS or SASS frameworks
- Web load balancers, web servers, web authentication design patterns and libraries (Oath, PassportJS, SAML, etc.), web sockets and libraries
- Proven experience in developing browser-based data visualization projects using (Google Charts, Highcharts, D3 Charts, Maps, Interactive Graphics)
- Webpack, Vulcanize, npm, Bower, Git
- Wireframes/Prototyping (Figma, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- We foster a collaborative work environment. You will enjoy learning with other creative and analytical minds
- We provide an opportunity for you to experiment and fail fast
- We want to make sure you get competitive compensation and benefits
- Riversand client roster features high profile enterprises that will provide you with industry-specific insights into data management and analysis
- Beyond work, we compete at local 5ks, 10ks and have fun at various sporting events.