Riversand Technologies, Inc. in Houston, TX is seeking a Junior Software Engineer with a moderate level of experience (1-3years only). The engineer will gain exciting real-world software engineering experience at a thriving company.
This position is open in the US only. People with work authorization in the US can apply.
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another. The ideal engineer for this environment will be enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Code to test new software applications
- Develop applications (coding, programming)
- Assess new application ideas
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics major
- Excellent analytical and logical skills
- Strong OO Design and Programming concepts
- Knowledge of Java Programming language required
- Good Understanding of REST API and JSON Structures
- Additional knowledge in Python or Scala will be a bonus
- Additional knowledge in cloud technologies like AWS or Azure will be a bonus
- Ability to work in teams
- Career-Oriented with strong communication skills
- Practical experience with a wide variety of software engineering tasks
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams of software engineers
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings