Business Development Representative - Inside Sales
Reporting to the Manager of Business Development, the Business Development Rep (BDR) will support sales Account Executives (AE’s) by qualifying and nurturing leads, and managing early-stage funnel development. The BDR will be responsible for initial business opportunity qualification through discovery with technology leaders, P&L owners, other key stakeholders and influencers in target accounts, and setting up appointments for further qualification by AE’s. You will also work on inbound marketing inquiries to nurture and develop leads to a point where they are ready for active AE involvement. There are multiple career paths for this role within Riversand including Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success and others.
Riversand is the only pure-play cloud-native SaaS platform Leader in the 2021 Gartner MDM Magic Quadrant delivering Master Data Management (MDM) and Product Information Management (PIM) solutions. Our multi-domain platform accelerates time-to-market, increases revenue and reduces costs, and improves operational excellence – our team of experts represent the industry’s best.
A Day in the Life of the Business Development Representative - About the role:
You’ll Be Responsible For
As the introductory face of the Riversand team, we’ll rely on you to provide the energy and personality to build our brand and gain the trust of prospective customers.
- Generating demand and nurturing leads through a clearly defined qualification process
- Qualifying inbound leads coming from a variety of marketing programs
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects
- Contacting potential clients through phone, email and social channels
- Conduct detailed target account screening and profiling for enterprise organizations
- Schedule discovery meetings for Account Executives and prospects / key influencers (Sr. Manager/Director level or higher)
- Maintaining prospect data and records within a CRM
- Growing your product and industry knowledge for personal and professional growth
Required Qualifications - About You
We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- You have proven experience. At least 2 years industry experience working in a similar role for an enterprise corporation selling business critical applications, SaaS and Data Management experience a plus!
- You're bright. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- You’ve already proven your sales expertise in B2B phone sales/lead nurturing helping to drive sales for other SaaS-based technology solution providers. You’ve done this before but remain hungry and excited about doing it again with us.
- You have the aptitude, passion and drive to learn every day and continuously improve what you do laying the path for you to recruit your own replacement and progress into a more senior role.
- You’re street smart. You’re the definition of a self-starter and a problem-solver. Self-starter with experience in cold calling, building a pipeline and executive client relationship building. You’re resourceful and ruthlessly pragmatic.
- Industry experience in our target industries (retail, manufacturing, CPG, transportation, distribution, healthcare, insurance, energy).
- You’re an open book. You communicate crisply. You go out of your way to be transparent in your actions and your words. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You possess experience working with CRM tools (Salesforce.com preferred).