The Connections Software QA Engineer is responsible for defining and executing backend software testing, providing testing reports, defining test data for positive and negative test scenarios, and API testing. The role will require proficiency in REST API, microservices, web services, & Postman.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test data imports and exports supporting file formats such as Delimited text, Excel, Access, XML, JSON etc.
- Test REST APIs used for data exports and imports, system integration etc.
- Test micro services, web services and other middle layer components in software
- Create/Modify JSON, XML payload for testing various positive and negative scenarios in API
- Retrieve and inspect the API payload blob files from Azure blob storage
- Inspect the exceptions logged in Azure App Insights for finding patterns of issues/defects
- Use POSTMAN as a primary tool for all API testing
- Test data mappings and transformations for accuracy of data in import and export scenarios
- Create API and data testing plan, test cases etc.
- Use JIRA to log all defects and work with that tool for typical work item life cycle
- Be a part of larger development team and also interface with Product, Project, DevOps and Development teams
- Use Agile and Kanban methodologies for SDLC. Maintain work backlog through JIRA
- Collaborate with team members across multiple geographic locations as well as time zones
- 4+ years of professional experience in software backend (APIs, data) testing using relevant technologies
- Proficient in REST API, Micro services, Web services and API integration testing using Postman
- Proficient in testing data in import and export files
- Proficient in submitting and inspecting API payloads, troubleshooting
- Ability to define and execute backend software testing, provide testing reports, define test data for positive and negative test scenarios, understanding of source and target mappings etc.
- Strong understanding of software testing life cycle with focus in software backend testing
- Strong knowledge of Postman tool and its features for collection, parameterization etc.
- Good understanding of JSON and XML, schema validations, JSON and XML payload manipulation for testing purpose
- Good understanding of various HTTP methods, HTTP status codes and API endpoints for the purpose of testing
- Knowledge of how to use Microsoft Azure blob storage in terms of file upload/download, Azure App Insights for inspecting log and exceptions
- Knowledge of JIRA for work item life cycle management is a big plus