Software Engineer - Crawling
Schedule: Full Time
Riversand, a Syndigo company's engineering team is looking for a software engineer who knows Python to join their team. This is a team role to fulfill the their growing crawling needs. The role will require knowledge of coding best practices and understanding of scrapy framework and anti-blocking technologies. The role will help ensure the accessibility, aesthetics, performance, and security of the application, and will work with other members of the software engineering team to perform integration activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and enhance Syndigo’s crawling library
• Be a part of larger development team and interface with Product, Project, DevOps and QA teams
• Understand requirements, code, and test high-quality crawls
• Use Agile and Kanban methodologies for SDLC
• Maintain work backlog through JIRA
• Collaborate with team members across multiple geographic locations as well as time zones
• 2-5 years of professional experience in developing software using relevant technologies.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
• Professional experience with Python and Scrapy framework
• Advanced knowledge of working with Proxies, Captcha and anti-bot techniques.
• Experience in coding lightweight browsers Splash, Playwright, Puppeteer etc.
• Entry level experience in Angular with Flask
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Ability to stretch outside one's comfort zone to achieve team success.
• Exhibit positive mindset in networking with team members.
• An eagerness to learn new things, and improve upon existing skills, abilities, and practices.
• A passion for writing clear, concise, and comprehensible code.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication, and an ability to collaborate in a team environment
Your application was submitted successfully.