We are currently looking for a Business Analyst/Consultant for our Houston office with expertise in analyzing and describing business processes and translating them into functional and non-functional IT requirements. As a Business Analyst/Consultant for Riversand, you will act as the liaison between the world of data management and our business stakeholders. On a daily basis, you will deliver functional and non-functional requirements, use-cases, process models, and impact analyses.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Objectively understand the data management challenges of and the vision of how they are working to align their data strategy with their business strategy.
- Should be able to work proficiently with external and internal cross-functional teams, technical teams to align the app to client’s expectations
- Conduct research, analysis and create various documents (functional, technical) needed to support our client’s PIM/MDM initiative
- Recommend solutions, obtain approval on business requirements and functional designs document. Participate and lead (in some cases) business analysis and functional design sessions
- Document the methodology for all the stages of the app development cycle (business test scenarios, final solution)
- Writing User acceptance test cases and perform end-to-end testing of the application
- Creating defect and test summary report
- Creating and maintaining user documentation and training users
- Play a key role in the organizational change management aspects, including training, mentoring and communications
- Understanding of latest technologies is a plus.
- 3+Consulting experience, strong analytical chops and reporting skills (business objects, writing queries and reports, diagnosing issues)
- Experience with the Agile product methodology
- The ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment across functions, offices, and regions
- Prior experience in master data management, product information management, data governance, data warehousing, business intelligence or data visualization will be an added advantage.