The Director of Engineering, you will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee activities in the Engineering department, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the company.
This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Be the engineering leader for Syndigo – mentor, grow and run a high functioning, highly productive, inclusive, motivated, and distributed engineering team.
- Collaborates with Syndigo’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals.
- Make and own critical decisions and be proactive in anticipating and resolving impediments to progress.
- Ensure teams are accountable, have clear priorities, and service ownership.
- Foster a culture of technical excellence and own final delivery plans for respective product.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective, consistent, and sustainable operations.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization are in line with the business plan, budget, and vision.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in software engineering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience leading software engineering teams required.
- Experience running a line of business as engineering leader, including but not limited to, executing to roadmap within budget, and on time, creating budget projections, run rates, headcount, and infrastructure resource requests, driving hiring strategy etc. Experience in a software/technology development firm preferred.
- Experience with agile and other software development methodologies for delivery in a SaaS product offering.
- Experience partnering with Product organization and other cross-functional partners in co-creating executable product vision and roadmaps.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred.