Riversand Saas Cloud Application Support Manager
Overview: Riversand Technologies is a Master Data Management (MDM) visionary and a Product Information Management (PIM) leader. We are a team of passionate people who are rethinking the way MDM and PIM work. We recently raised $35 million in series A funding and we are on a trajectory for an accelerated product innovation and growth over the next two years. If you are a Application and Cloud Support Engineer looking to advance your career in the latest in cloud and open source technologies, then now is the best time to join Riversand. Our solutions power enterprises worldwide, in a variety of industries including Retail, Manufacturing, Distribution, Energy, Healthcare, and Food Services.
· Provide solution support across Riversand customers that are in compliance with support agreements (SLA’s)
· Passion and enthusiasm for problem solving and customer facing skills
· Passion for debugging/troubleshooting and testing
· Passion for Coding and strong Analytical skills.
Successful Site Reliability Engineers need to have a wide range of skills so that they can effectively contribute to all stages of Cloud system, software or application development. This includes attention to detail while working with deep technical issues, identifying opportunities of addressing root causes and improving the telemetry, monitoring and automation. They also need good problem-solving skills so that they can identify issues and determine how to correct them. Reviewing configuration, infrastructure/application architecture, lines of code and operational processes also involves the use of analytical skills. In addition, site reliability engineers need excellent communication and teamwork skills in order to effectively relay information to other engineers and properly document their work.
Primary responsibilities include;
· Live with 24x7 available mind set for ensuring 99.97% uptime of Riversand’s SaaS platforms and applications.
· Own, resolve and restore major technical issues to meet the uptime commitment. Expected to be available on-call any time (24x7) for
· Develop, deploy and continually improve the telemetry, monitoring and automation (self-heal, self-help, self-service) of the SaaS platform and the applications
· Ensure the Cloud Infrastructure, platform components and applications are secured and safeguarded via strong controls, monitoring and security incident management
· Own Root Cause Analysis of incidents end to end and demonstrate quantifiable technological, stability and process improvement for Riversand’s Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS platforms and applications
· Enable technology support teams, customers and business users by building and continually developing knowledge base driven by analyzing practical usage/issues and related challenges.
· Will be primary point of contact for Riversand customers for communication, guidance and active responses. Should be the liaison between Support and Product engineering teams to communicate customer issues and priorities proactively
Technology Skills Required
SaaS Platform (Mandatory): Elastic Search Big Data platform, Kafka, Zookeeper, Storm, Hbase, Hadoop, Spark and other components like Netty/ NGINX, Docker/ Docker swarm, Kubernetes, Auth0/IDP/SSO etc.
Cloud Infrastructure: Microsoft Azure (Mandatory): Vnet, VMs, Subscriptions, Resource groups, Storage accounts, Scale set, Azure functions, Event hub, Blob store, Azure ARM, Data bricks, Azure networking/security etc, OMS, AppInsights.
AWS (good to have):
Container Orchestration: Docker or Kubernetes knowledge
Programming: Good Understanding of REST API and JSON Structures. Should be familiar with engineering practices, architecture / workflows, used cases etc.
Experience/ Background: 6+ years in a role of Application Support Expert for SaaS solution with the above-mentioned technologies.
Qualification: BE/ BTech/ MCA
Other Important Requirements: The team this role belongs to is expected to understand shift structure and will be managing global production and customer facing highly critical systems. Hence the individual should be flexible to adapt the roster/shift arrangements as required.